Home PageAbout UsSearchContact UsServicesSite MapTax FAQsEst. Planning FAQsTax CourtLLC'sTax NewsReal Estate Tax FAQsTax PlanningGifts Reduce TaxLLC Op. AgreementBusiness PurchasesEmployer Tax IssuesMedical ExpensesBusiness PlanningFinance for BusinessW-2 ErrorsSocial SecurityRetirement PlanningReal Est/LeasesTax CollectionsHome Sale ExclusionCash ProtectionTax AuditsTrips- Tax TreatmentLong Distance CreditBusiness Law FAQsEstate Planning/GiftEspanolBusiness AgreementsScams/Nigerian ScamsLatin Legal TermsLawsuits & ADRWorld BusinessMarketingBusiness AircraftNewsletter Sign-upLiability DisclaimerYear End Tax PlanElecting S CorpEmployment IssuesMartketing CustomersMarketing & SalesQuotesNegotiation Help Header1.jpg

Are LLC's effective Liability Shields in Foreign Countries and Jurisdictions?


The LLC is a creature based on relevant state law.

In general, as in various US states, the local law must be satisfied.

Simply holding out as an LLC from US state A does not by itself shield  in other states or foreign countries.

For example, an LLC organized in US state A may, under various terms, register in other states as a foreign LLC.  Such registration typically brings the LLC under the other state LLC protection, as far as applicable.

Foreign (non US) corporations from certain countries may be taxed in the US as a per se corporation. but that still does not grant corporate immunity to the non US corporation. Such immunity can only be achieved through applicable state law.

In order to a US Limited Liability Company to have liability protection, it must be separately registered in the foreign county. Nevertheless, the foreign country does not have to recognize a US LLC for either liability or tax purposes, although a few have procedures to go through to recognize them.

Corporations are more widely recognized than LLCs and are usually taxed as a separate entity.


Multinational Business Negotiations

Subject: How do I go about to introduce income generating companies for his consideration?

Question: I know an entreprenuer in my country who buys  controlling stake in companies that generate income. He is the second richest man in my  country. How do I go about to introduce income generating companies for his consideration?

Answer: First, ask him if you find a good prospective investment, would he be interested in you presenting it? This gets you permission to discuss the matter and starts to have him become invested in your activities. If he agrees, once you find a potential investment, have your lawyer prepare an agreement with the Seller/Company to protect any fees or commissions you might make. You definitely need legal advice to comply with the appropriate brokerage and securities laws.

I hope this is a good start!

Ron Cappuccio


Virtualex.com Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax) 1800 Chapel Avenue West Suite 128 Cherry Hill, NJ 08002 Phone:(856) 665-2121      Fax: (856) 665-9005 Email: ron@taxesq.com

Home Page | About Us | Search | Contact Us | Services | Site Map | Tax FAQs | Est. Planning FAQs | Tax Court | LLC's | Tax News | Real Estate Tax FAQs | Tax Planning | Gifts Reduce Tax | LLCs Need Operating Agreements | Business Purchases | Employer Tax Issue | Medical Expense Deductions | Business Planning | Finance for Business | W-2 Errors | Social Security | Retirement Planning | Real Estate and Leases | Tax Collections | Home Sale Exclusion | Cash Protection Security | Tax Audits | Tax Treatment of Trips | Long Distance Tax Credit | Business Law FAQs | Estate Planning/Gifts | Espanol | Business Agreements | Scams & Nigerian Scams | Latin Legal Terms | Lawsuits & ADR | World Business | Marketing | Business Aircraft | Newsletter Sign-up | Disclaimer of Liability | YEAR END TAX PLANNING | Converting to S Corporation Election | Employment Issues | Marketing.Customers | Marketing & Sales Ideas | Quotes | Negotiation Help